Saturday, October 29, 2011

my first 5k

today was the monster dash 5k race at lake harriet, my first 5k.  i should have been nearly done with my C25K program, but i've had some setbacks with illness and problems with my back.  it's been two full weeks since my last run, but i still went and had a great time today.  we had about a dozen ladies dress up in solid colors and we all donned handmade tutus!  it was fun to be there with emily but i missed having ashley (who is sick) with us.
 


i had to walk a good chunk of the race, but i did what i could and i crossed the finish line in about 41 minutes.  although it's not a time to be proud of, i can be proud of myself for getting out there, giving it what i had and finishing.


i'll continue with the C25K program and i should be ready and rearin' to go take on a 5k in the spring and be able to run the whole thing and try for a good time. 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah girl!
    You did awesome! So very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete